This Sunday, October 8, we will be concluding our Missional Move sermon series with what we are calling Pledge Sunday. This is a day in which we come together as a body and commit to live sacrificially over the next 2 years so that our Missional Move to downtown Norman can take place.
First off, thank you for considering what you can give above and beyond your regular giving to Providence Road in order to help us reach our goal of $500,000. Some of you have asked how to submit your pledges if you plan to be out of town. We ask that you either take a picture of your pledge card or simply type out the info from the card and email that to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are asking you to pledge your gifts from January of 2018 through December of 2019. We are also accepting one-time gifts in addition to pledges, beginning now through the end of 2019. For those of you still processing how you might give toward our Missional Move, consider these creative ways to trim back your current lifestyle:
- Give up a Habit. For example, a gourmet coffee each day for two years can cost over $2,000.
- Cut back on one restaurant visit a week. Forgoing a $25 dinner a week means you could give $100-$125 more per month.
- Drink only water at restaurants. Depending on how often you eat out, one person could save $5 a week or more. That’s a minimum of $520 just for drinking water!
- Wait for a movie to come out on video. One trip to the movie theater can cost $30-$40 with popcorn and candy for two people. If you cut out two movies per month, that’s $1,500 or more over two years.
- Scale back to basic cable. Or cut the cord altogether. Basic cable can cost as little as $20/month compared to $60+ for premium cable. Cutting out premium movie channels can save another $10-$30 per month.
- Cut down or put off discretionary purchases. Intentionally limit what you spend on non-essential items such as sporting goods, video games, clothing, new furniture, etc. Redirect that money to our Missional Move.
- Donate collectibles and other assets of worth. You may have items of value at home or in storage such as collections of coins, stamps, baseball cards, or items such as art, jewelry, or an unused boat or motorcycle. Consider parting with these items, having them appraised and sold, and donating the revenue to our Missional Move.
There are many ways we can reach our goal of $500,000.
50 Young Professionals x $100 Monthly x 2 years = $120,000
50 Families x $300 Monthly x 2 years = $360,000
200 people gave $105 monthly or $1,250 annually
Again, thank you for considering how you can play a sacrificial role in making our Missional Move a reality. Our hope and prayer is that because of the sacrifices we will make over the next two years, the city of Norman and hundreds – even thousands – of people will forever be changed.